Traduci

INAUGURATION OF THE “NEW” ANTIQUARIUM OF POMPEII

The Antiquarium of Pompeii was inaugurated a few days ago and represents the rebirth and rediscovery of one of the most visited places in Italy and Europe.

cms_20808/1.jpg

The new museum space dedicated to the permanent exhibition of finds that illustrate the history of Pompeii. An introduction to the visit of the site, through the most relevant testimonies of the ancient city, from the Samnite age (4th century BC) to the tragic eruption of 79 AD, with particular emphasis on the inseparable relationship with Rome. The Antiquarium of Pompeii was built by Giuseppe Fiorelli between 1873 and 1874 in the spaces below the terrace of the Temple of Venus, overlooking Porta Marina.

cms_20808/3.jpg

It was the exhibition site for a selection of finds from Pompeii and examples of the daily life of the ancient city, as well as casts of the victims of the eruption. In 1926 it was enlarged by Amedeo Maiuri, who in addition to adding large maps with the updated developments of the excavations from 1748 onwards and inserting new finds from the Villa Pisanella di Boscoreale as well as from the more recent excavations in via dell’Abbondanza, set a path that guided the visitor in the history of Pompeii from its origins to the eruption.

cms_20808/4.jpg

The building was then severely damaged by the bombs of World War II in September 1943 and thanks to the restoration work by Maiuri, on 13 June 1948 it reopened to visitors on the occasion of the celebration of the 2nd centenary of the Pompeii excavations. Once again damaged, this time by the 1980 earthquake, it has since remained closed to the public. In 2016, after thirty-six years, it was reopened to the public in the new guise of visitor center and museum space.

cms_20808/5.jpg

In addition to famous testimonies of the immense Pompeian heritage, such as the frescoes of the House of the Golden Bracelet, the silverware of Moregine or the triclinium of the House of the Menander, the findings of the most recent excavations conducted by the Archaeological Park are also exhibited here: from the fragments of stucco in the style of the fauces of the House of Orione to the treasure of amulets of the House with Garden, to the last casts of the victims from the villa of Civita Giuliana.

cms_20808/7.jpg

The visit to the Antiquarium is also accompanied by two digital media, a web-bot, a digital assistant capable of providing simple and clear service information, and an audio narration that accompanies the visitor from the exhibition path to discover some points of interest. of the Archaeological Park of Pompeii. “Living in luxury”: during the Julio-Claudian age (27 BC-68 AD) Pompeii enjoyed a direct relationship with the imperial court, which under Tiberius and Nero stayed for a long time in the Gulf area, between Capri and Baia. A graffiti perhaps remembers the residence in the city of one of the wives of Caligula and Suetonius narrates that a son of Claudius died there during a tragic childhood game.

cms_20808/8.jpg

All these influential personalities and the local ruling class resided in rich urban domus (famous that of Menandro, which belonged to a branch of the family of Poppea Sabina, Nero’s wife) and in aristocratic villas scattered on the slopes of Vesuvius or overlooking the coast. In 58 A.D. Tacitus tells of a great brawl that broke out in the amphitheater, which saw Nucerini and Pompeians opposing each other and which eventually left dozens of victims on the field; the episode caused a severe repression by the Roman Senate, which banned gladiator fights in the city for fifteen years. The few workshops of masons (structores) or decorators (pictores) present in the city at the time of the earthquake could not be sufficient for the enormous reconstruction work in the city. After the rubble was cleared, dozens of specialized companies from other locations, less affected or unscathed by the earthquake, had to intervene.

cms_20808/9.jpg

And all these workers made up of slaves, salaried workers, architects, masons, painters and mosaicists, had to reside for a long time in the city or come daily from nearby centers; and everyone had to eat, sleep, rest. A city doubled, for which it was necessary to build inns, places of rest, lodgings, brothels: in a word the Pompeii that we know today along its main streets.

cms_20808/10.jpg

From 25 January it is possible to access the Pompeii site as well as from the entrance to Piazza Anfiteatro, already active, also from the passage of Piazza Esedra with entry into the visit path, marked inside the excavations, in order to ensure a safe visit of the site and in full compliance with anti Covid health provisions.

cms_20808/italfahne.jpgINAUGURAZIONE DEL “NUOVO” ANTIQUARIUM DI POMPEI
Riaperto al pubblico per far rinascere la rinomata area archeologica

L’Antiquarium di Pompei è stato inaugurato pochi giorni fa e rappresenta la rinascita e la riscoperta di uno dei luoghi più visitati d’Italia e d’Europa. Il nuovo spazio museale dedicato all’esposizione permanente di reperti che illustrano la storia di Pompei. Un’ introduzione alla visita del sito, attraverso le testimonianze più rilevanti della città antica, dall’età sannitica (IV secolo a.C.) fino alla tragica eruzione del 79 d.C., con particolare evidenza all’inscindibile relazione con Roma.

L’Antiquarium di Pompei fu realizzato da Giuseppe Fiorelli tra il 1873 e il 1874 negli spazi sottostanti la terrazza del Tempio di Venere, con affaccio su Porta Marina. Fu sede espositiva di una selezione di reperti provenienti da Pompei ed esemplificativi della vita quotidiana dell’antica città, oltre che dei calchi delle vittime dell’eruzione.

Nel 1926 venne ampliato da Amedeo Maiuri, che oltre ad aggiungere grandi mappe con gli sviluppi aggiornati degli scavi dal 1748 in poi e inserire nuovi reperti provenienti dalla Villa Pisanella di Boscoreale nonché dai più recenti scavi di via dell’Abbondanza, impostò un percorso che guidava il visitatore nella storia di Pompei dalle origini fino all’eruzione.

L’edificio fu poi gravemente danneggiato dalle bombe della II guerra mondiale nel settembre 1943 e grazie all’intervento di restauro del Maiuri, il 13 giugno del 1948 riaprì ai visitatori in occasione della celebrazione del 2° centenario degli scavi di Pompei. Nuovamente danneggiato, stavolta dal terremoto del 1980, da allora è rimasto chiuso al pubblico.

Nel 2016, dopo trentasei anni, è stato riaperto al pubblico nella nuova veste di visitor center e spazio museale.

Oltre a celebri testimonianze dell’immenso patrimonio pompeiano, come gli affreschi della Casa del Bracciale d’oro, gli argenti di Moregine o il triclinio della Casa del Menandro, sono qui esposti anche i rinvenimenti dei più recenti scavi condotti dal Parco Archeologico: dai frammenti di stucco in stile delle fauces della Casa di Orione al tesoro di amuleti della Casa con Giardino, agli ultimi calchi delle vittime dalla villa di Civita Giuliana.

La visita all’Antiquarium è inoltre accompagnata da due supporti digitali, un web-bot, un assistente digitale in grado di fornire informazioni di servizio semplici e chiare, e una narrazione audio che dal percorso espositivo accompagna il visitatore alla scoperta di alcuni punti di interesse del Parco Archeologico di Pompei.

“Vivere nel lusso”: durante l’età giulio-claudia (27 a.C.-68 d.C.) Pompei godette di un rapporto diretto con la corte imperiale, che sotto Tiberio e Nerone soggiornò lungamente nell’area del Golfo, fra Capri e Baia. Un graffito ricorda forse la residenza in città di una delle mogli di Caligola e Svetonio narra che un figlio di Claudio vi trovò la morte durante un tragico gioco infantile. Tutti questi influenti personaggi e la locale classe dirigente risiedevano in ricche domus urbane (famosa
quella del Menandro, appartenuta a un ramo della famiglia di Poppea Sabina, moglie di Nerone) e in ville aristocratiche sparse alle pendici del Vesuvio o affacciate sul litorale. Nel 58 d.C. Tacito racconta una grande rissa scatenatasi nell’anfiteatro, che vide contrapposti Nucerini e Pompeiani e che alla fine lasciò sul campo decine di vittime; l’episodio causò una dura repressione da parte del Senato romano, che vietò i combattimenti gladiatori in città per quindici anni.

Per l’enorme lavoro di ricostruzione della città non potevano essere sufficienti le poche officine di muratori (structores) o di decoratori (pictores) presenti in città al momento del terremoto. Dopo lo sgombero delle macerie, dovettero intervenire decine di imprese specializzate provenienti da altre località, meno colpite o uscite indenni dal sisma. E tutte queste maestranze composte da schiavi, lavoratori salariati, architetti, muratori, pittori e mosaicisti, dovevano risiedere a lungo in città o giungere quotidianamente dai centri vicini; e tutti dovevano mangiare, dormire, riposarsi. Una città raddoppiata,
per la quale bisognava costruire locande, luoghi di ristoro, alloggi, postriboli: in una parola la Pompei che oggi conosciamo percorrendo le sue principali strade.

Dal 25 gennaio è possibile accedere al sito di Pompei oltre che dall’ingresso di Piazza Anfiteatro, già attivo, anche dal varco di Piazza Esedra con immissione nel percorso di visita, segnalato all’interno degli scavi, allo scopo di assicurare una visita in sicurezza del sito e nel pieno rispetto delle disposizioni sanitarie anti Covid.

Data:

30 Gennaio 2021